lunes, 11 de mayo de 2009

My Portfolio Presentation - Analize your work - My english 2007-2009

Today I'm going to comment my first and my last written document on the portfolio. We're comparing work from 3 years in my case so let's have a little look on what happened since 2007

First of all I have to say that i don't notice much change in my written documents so the only thing that really catches my eye is that i managed to write less orthographic errors, something I'm really proud of. Since i see now the way a wrote two years ago and how i write now, I also am able to see that I'm more mature in my expressions. I don't use that much slang anymore and I'm able to construct phrases without the three points. I wrote like I would speak, something that I shouldn't do writing a formal comment for my portfolio. I also noticed that I feel more comfortable using connections such as "as a matter of fact" or similars in order to enhance one paragraph with an other. I also learn some words that I try not to forget and use in my compositions.
Perhaps, since I don't use much english at home because of the studies, latley i feel less comfortable writing and it's a little hard for me to write a good composition. It's something that I'm struggleing with since the beginning of my english studies: feeling more comfortable writing and speaking, having no fear to commit any error with it.
I think, i have learned to speak more fluently with the oral presentations and the fact that we aren't alowed to speak catalan in class. Speaking english is a big help, such as watching films to learn how to spell some words which is perhaps the most difficult to learn for everyone. The structures I use now talking are also better than before. I don't get struc anymore and I don't forget so easy what I wanted to say. Of course, something that improved a lot in the new english classes has been the speaking of every pupil as well as mine as one of them.
I have less problems with the presentacions also. They come more natural and they were difficult to understand for anyone. Speaking clearly and using a good pronunciation helped a lot.
To finish, I defenitly can say that there's a change from 2007 to 2009, which I'm glad for since it was not only the objective of our teachers, but also mine.

Here you've got my first and my last written document on the porftolio. I'll put the oral presentation in the next post.

My first Post xDD



Hi people !!!!

So thats my first blog, I hope you enjoy it xD
I will post more things ´cause I am in school... 4 now XD
For now, you can see my guitar... i bought it this summer... amazing instrument... Just like my favorit band...Metallica... apart from SlipKnot of course..
For now, ther isn-t happening much stuff in my life.. bussines as usual... xD
this year there are 2 special events in my life: the first one will happend this November, there is a Incredible Iron Maiden gig in Barcelona, and I,ll be there MUAHAHa!!!! But before the Iron Maiden gig, Trivium will play... they are so cool! The second event... I,ll return to the States for a whole month.. well.. i don,t really know if we go to the states or to Honduras... it doesn,t matter... I will leave the kontinent... thats important XD
So thats it for now... i,ll surf more the internet...
BYE BYE

My Last Post

miércoles 29 de abril de 2009

Summary of a film


The Interpreter by Sydney Pollak:

The film is about a woman who's working at the UN as an interpreter: she is the little voice that translates a lot of languages into one, in her case English. The main carachter, Silvia Broom was learning the flute but she forgets once her flute in her office at the UN. As she went there she listens to two man who where speaking in an African language named Ku. They talk about a rebellion and a plan to kill the president of a country named Matobo, invented by the film makers.
The man who's suposed to leave a speach is named Edmund Zuwanie, who's considered to be trailed for ethnic cleansing in front of the International Criminal Court, the liberator and that dictator of Matobo. During the film we get to know that Matobo is a conflictous region where 3 man are struggeling for the power: Edmund Zuwanie, Kuman-Kuman a business man and Ajene Xola a pacifist. Zuwanie as well as Kuman- Kuman were at the same time in New York, both for speeches.

No hay comentarios: