miércoles, 29 de abril de 2009

Dialogue

Think of a profession that is dying out, for exemple a shepherd/farmer. Write a diaglogue with one of the last shepherd/farmer of your country. Talk about their way of life now and before.

I:
For how long have you been a farmer? It's a hard job I see...
F: Since i finished University. My father who also was a farmer... I inherited the farm from my father, wanted me to study a degree in agriculture.
I:
Where there many students in your class?
F: No no... we where just 5 pupils...
I: Oh! really?
F: Yes!In fact there were some classes where just 2-3 students were there...! (laughing)
I: Oh! What a shame!
F: After comminh back I started working the ground. It was a hard start...
I: I imagine so! When did you get up? Quite early really?
F: Oh yes! I had to get up at 5.30 am... which is hard...
I: Oh I know... (laughing)
F: And i had to feed the livestock, take care of the animals, bring them out, help animals if they were born..
I: Must be pretty exciting?
F: Yes it is... but time passes by and, when i before had lot of species here, I now had to specialize in one, cows, pork, chicken.. everything else would be a death sentence for my own economy
I: How sad!
F: It is... no animals which are running around, no kid that are playing with them.. It's a shame... you know? I did a lot for this farm but... I'm losing everything... Modern time have arrived and it seems that everything old is dying out.
I: It seem that no one remembers old values and old good times on the land right?
F: It's even worse. They don0t appreciate anymore this values or the work others do depend on... everything is done by machines... it seems, even animals.

No hay comentarios: